It is a simple little thing, but a good golf bag can make your day on the golf course even more enjoyable. It is essential to choose your golf cart bag wisely because it can make the difference between a pleasurable game, where you have everything to hand or an irksome game where you can’t find what you need.
Choosing the best golf bags for a pushcart
You need to begin with your pushcart. You have first to determine what type of pushcart bag fits your needs as you’ll want to be able to carry all you clubs and accessories.
Not only that, but it’s worth considering the following things to ensure that you get the right one.
The bag has to be durable and safe
You need to ensure the kit you buy will last. Even the best golf bags for a pushcart will get a lot of battering. The clubs and accessories will move about a lot as you go around the course, so you need something reliable.
Also, it should be able to weather all conditions, including heavy rain. Remember, it is going to carry your precious and expensive clubs, and you want them kept safely. A good bag should be able to resist tearing and stretching no matter what the conditions.
Convenience and space
Most modern golf bags have divided sections, which most golfers love. There is nothing worse than have to hunt through your bad to find the right club for your shot. Dividers mean you can sort your clubs in a way to ensure you can lay your hands on the right club at any time. There are different forms of a divider, so pay attention when you buy. You will want to choose something which suits your playing style and preferences.
You will also notice the various inside and outside pockets, which will be useful for carrying the accessories. Again, think about what you regard as indispensable on the course and make sure the bag you choose has the right number and size of pockets for your requirements.
For example, some golf bags even have external insulated pockets for beverages, so if you are a golfer that likes to sip a coffee as you play, this is for you. If you want to keep your favorite putter to hand, choose a bag with an outside pocket.
Size and the stability
You may feel you want a huge bag. But stop and think for a while. You will need to fit it in the trunk of your car. So, make sure you do that critical size check. Especially if you have a small car, you will need to measure the bag to make sure it fits.
I would advise that you load the bag with your clubs and accessories and then try it out. It needs to be stable as you move around the course. The only way you can find this out is by trial and error. Remember, the bag needs to be durable and not stretch when it is fully loaded.
Checklist for the best golf bag for a pushcart
- Compatibility with your pushcart is the most important thing. If it does not fit on your cart, it will be useless.
- Can you travel with it efficiently? It needs to fit in your car.
- Is it light enough to carry it around? You may want to bring lots of stuff, but make sure you are going to be comfortable pushing it all around.
Types of accessories
There’s a lot choice out there. The competition between the various bag manufacturers means there is always some innovation around the corner.
Check out the bags that have lots of accessories, including umbrella mounts, adjustable handles, and a choice of colors.
Now it’s time to examine the best golf bags for a pushcart that there are out there.
- 14 way dividers
- Plenty of zippered pockets
- External putter tube if you prefer to store your putter externally – great for putters with larger heads
- Velcro glove holder
- Golf towel ring, External umbrella strap
This bag has a beautifully sleek design with pockets of storage for your clubs. But it doesn’t only look good, this bag also has a robust design that can easily carry the weight of your clubs and accessories.
What’s more, it sports 14 dividers, so can accommodate all your clubs with ease. The external tube pocket is a nice touch that allows you to carry your putter.
As a bonus, this golf bag also has lots of pockets, some with secure locking machanisms for all your accessories as well as an insulated pocket for your beverages.
The fur lining keeps your clubs safe and it’s lightweight at only 5.3 pounds making it easy to carry around the golf course.
It comes in a variety of colors, including black, red, blue, or charcoal. So if you’re after quality and excellent storage space, then definitely we would recommend it.
- It is ideal for traveling with lots of accommodation for clubs and accessories
- It has an external putter holder and can store large grips as well
- Insulated pockets for your beverages are convenient
- The pockets with secure lock mechanisms are great for valuables
- It is very light and easy for moving about
- Despite the number of dividers, the clubs can still move inside, which may lead to damage.
This Callaway stand bag is undoubtedly made for all weather. It features a dual and padded shoulder strap with an additional mesh towel hood and a rain hood.
Not only that, but it also has:
- Five pockets
- Five dividers
- Apparel pocket
- Glove pocket
- Water bottle pocket
- Valuables pocket
- Full-size pocket for balls
It is also lightweight at around 5 pounds, and it is easy to carry. You definitely won’t get tired carrying it around.
It’s five full-length dividers helps store your clubs safely.
Another useful feature of this Callaway stand bag is that it has a breathable Mesh Hip Pad for additional comfort.
This stand bag covers all necessities and requirements for golfers of all types. When it comes to carrying their equipment on the course, this does the job.
- Very easy to carry around
- The fact that it has two cooler pockets means it caters for beverages and food at the same time
- Five different pockets and full-size one satisfies even the pickiest of customers
- The padded dual strap helps with carrying it around
- A little on the small size compared with others
This golf bag could be all you need to transport all your equipment around the golf course.
It’s almost 50 years since TaylorMade made its debut, and this bag feels like a celebration product for them.
This bag is fantastically comfortable and packed with great features to suit all golfers.
It features 14-way dividers with seven pockets for tees, balls, beverages, and valuables, providing sufficient storage for all your needs. What’s more, it has three full-length dividers that protect your gold clubs.
TaylorMade also has given this bag an auto-stand system for added convenience.
The grip handle and padded strap ensure this bag is easy and comfortable to carry. Last but not least, it has a cart lock strap that secures it while you make your next shot.
- Easy to carry around
- It features an impressive seven pockets for tees, balls, and accessories
- Comes with a pushcart compatible base
- One strap doesn’t have padding which can lead to rubbing
- 14-Way top with all full-length club dividers and dual top grab handles
- Dual oversized apparel pockets with key clip
- Dual fleece-lined valuables pockets
- Fleece-lined range finder pocket
- Insulated cooler pocket holds twelve 12 ounce cans
This generous golf bag has room for all your golf kit plus accessories. It has a 14-way top with full-length dividers for organizing your clubs.
In addition it also sports dual oversized apparel pockets with key clips. It also has a double fleeced pocket which is perfect for keeping valuables safe and the special pocket for storing a range finder is a nice touch. Last but not least, it has an insulated cooler pocket for your beverages. In total, this bag has 13 very useful pockets!
The bag has dual top grab handles for easy manipulation. And its useful cart strap pass-thru system keeps it well secured to the cart as well.
With all this, it still weighs in at only 5.3 pounds, which is around the average for golf cart bags.
- It’s effortless to clean.
- Lightweight and comfortable to carry.
- It has a great design
- Has comfortable carrying and lifting handles
- It’s not waterproof, thus not suitable for rainy seasons.
- New 9.5" x 8.5" top with 14-way full length dividers plus external frontal putter well that fits oversized putter grips
- 11" x 9" trolley base with anchor designed to fit in golf cart
- 11 pockets: 2 full length large garment side pockets; 3 velour pockets for valuables; 1 large base cooler pocket; 4 large external accessory pockets; 2 side mesh base pockets
- Rip Stop polyester construction with metal chrome finished hardware and 3 side lift handles
- Includes cart strap loop, umbrella holders, towel ring/glove holder, padded carry strap, and rain Hood. Weighs 5 lbs
This golf cart bag has 12 pockets for accessories and valuables, including one for a phone or small first aid kit.
Also, it has a sizeable cooling pocket for beverages and even a rain hood.
It can fit almost all pushcarts. The base features molded slots to support the golf cart bag.
The top of the bag has a 14 divider with a full-length divider per slot to accommodate all your golf clubs, including a putter.
The collar of the bag has been made with durability in mind with extra protection provided by a custom rubber band.
The three side handles are also very flexible and make it easy to manipulate. The ripstop polyester construction also makes it almost totally waterproof.
Some other features of this bag:
- Cart strap loop
- Umbrella holders
- Towel ring/glove holder
- Padded carry strap
It weighs a very competitive 5 pounds.
- It is very durable and flexible build
- Lots of space for storage.
- It features padded straps for comfort
- Easy-glide zippers
- No top handles make it more difficult to manipulate
Best Golf bags for a pushcart
The Prosimmon Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag is our recommended choice. It has all the dividers you would want in a pushcart. The external putter holder can accommodate even large grips, and the pockets have secure locking mechanisms to keep your valuables safe. It is also lightweight and easy to take anywhere.